Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc.
- Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from you will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:-
- To provide requested services, to provide requested quotations, to process your order, to maintain guarantee records and to provide after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- To carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to PayPal, Lloyds TSB Commercial Finance Ltd, or CCI Legal Services Ltd; a credit reference/debt collection agency, who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in future security checks – this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions)
We would also like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. You may be contacted by post, email, telephone, SMS or such other means as we regard as appropriate, including new technology. If you wish to receive these communications, please tick the “Yes” box when entering your personal details. You may unsubscribe at a later date, if you wish – see “Your rights” section below.
User Anonymity and personal information
Log files are maintained and analysed of all requests for files on this website’s web servers. Log files do not capture personal information but do capture the user’s IP address, which is automatically recognised by our web servers.
Aggregated analysis of these log files is used to monitor website usage. These analyses may be made to available to DDS staff and partner agencies to allow them to measure, for example, overall popularity of the site and typical user paths through the site.
Except as stated already, DDS will make no attempt to identify individual users. You should be aware, however, that access to web pages will generally create log entries in the systems of your ISP or network service provider. These entities may be in a position to identify the client computer equipment used to access a page. Such monitoring would be done by the provider of network services and is beyond the responsibility or control of DDS.
DDS will make no attempt to track or identify individual users, except where there is a reasonable suspicion that unauthorised access to systems is being attempted. In the case of all users, DDS reserves the right to attempt to identify and track any individual who is reasonably suspected of trying to gain unauthorised access to computer systems or resources operating as part of DDS web services.
As a condition of use of this site, all users must give permission for DDS to use its access logs to attempt to track users who are reasonably suspected of gaining, or attempting to gain, unauthorised access.
All log file information collected by DDS is kept secure and no access to raw log files is given to any third party.
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.
|PHPSESSID||This is a simple token used by PHP applications to identify your unique session on the website. Typically used to maintain the integrity of your session while transacting information with a website (accessing secure areas, forms submissions etc)|
|__utma||Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website.Google Analytics stores IP address anonamously on its servers in the US, and neither DDS or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.These cookies enable Google to determine whether you are a return visitor to the site, and to track the pages that you visit during your session.|
- You can ask us to update your personal information by contacting us with precise details of your request. Please ensure you type “update” in the subject line of your email.
- You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. Simply contact us, and provide the following information:
- your full name
- your postal address, including postcode
- your email address
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations.
Alternatively, you can post your request to the address in (3) below.
- You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address, enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to DDS (International) Limited to cover our administration costs:-
Customer Services (Data Subject Request)
DDS (International) Limited
Eurolink Industrial Centre