DDS International is a company that takes our social responsibilities seriously.
We are proud to be able to give back to our community and make a difference in the lives of those around us.
In March of 2022, we were awarded the Constructionline Social Value Accreditation. This award is given to companies who demonstrate a commitment to social responsibility by:
- Putting robust Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) processes in place
- Providing equal opportunities for minority groups
- Providing good working conditions
- Supporting your workers’ mental wellbeing
- Engaging with local communities
- Working to improve your organisation’s sustainability
- Holding memberships for schemes like the Considerate Constructors Scheme
Support for Charities
We regularly support a number of charitable organisations, including:
We also support local organisations as follows:
Swale Foodbank: we donated one of our company Vans to Swale foodbank, as they opened a second centre but did not have a vehicle. The Van was fully serviced and MOTd for 12 months before handover. We also have made a number of financial donations.
IT Recycling: all of our old laptops, desktops and monitors are wiped and reset and then repatriated to local organisations and individuals in need.
Office Furniture/Equipment: All our old furniture and equipment are recycled by DDL Recycling and, where possible, repatriated to other organisations that may use it.
Support for the Environment
We are an ISO14001 accredited organisation, and our target is to be carbon neutral by 2025 and deliver Carbon Neutral Fire Risk Assessments, H&S Audits and Food Audits. We are committed to offsetting our carbon emissions and positively impacting the environment.
- We have created an internal Net Zero tracker which monitors our tree planting target depending on the amount of fire risk assessments, health and safety audits, and food audits we have achieved each month to accomplish carbon neutrality.
- We use Greenly, an internationally accredited organisation, to support our Carbon Accounting.
- We have appointed and trained a Company Environmental champion.
- We monitor the financial impact of all our key focus areas monthly, e.g. fuel, utilities, stationery and waste.
- Our team completes environmental impact training regularly.
- Our head office building is now net Zero, we have 100% solar panel power generation, a full LED lighting system, Infra-red controls on lighting, a new A rated heating and air conditioning system, energy efficient ceramic radiators and everything is monitored and controlled by smart app ensuring all power-requiring appliances are off (and not on standby) when not in use.
- Our PYRAMID™ Risk Management system and this website are now also Net Zero.
All of the above actions are recorded on our Environmental Action plan, which is audited by our third-party accredited ISO14001 provider annually.
Tree-Nation is a global platform that allows citizens and businesses to plant trees worldwide and offset their CO2 emissions.
Greenly is the go-to carbon accounting platform for your business.