Coronavirus Health and Safety Support
COVID-19 Help & Support from DDS International
DDS International are putting together client specific COVID-19 Re Opening support packages on a country by country basis.
Following Coronavirus lockdown measures across all countries, individual countries are starting to implement “relaxation measures” to enable businesses to reopen in a controlled manner.
This situation is completely unique as this is the first time any such measures have been placed on the workplace, and as relaxation measures are implemented these are completely on a country (or even local region) specific basis.
The overriding principles in each country for business to reopen are:
- Business may only reopen as long as they are fully compliant with any country specific/local legislation or guidance requirements,
- Locations must operate safely and ensure high standards of hygiene at all times,
- Locations must have assessed all of the safety risks associated with reopening and ensure effective controls are implemented, monitored and maintained.
Lockdown restrictions and the relaxation of lockdown restrictions on any business are decided and controlled in country or by local region, and are likely to be specific to that area. Timescales for these changes can also be rapid, therefore the support of local safety consultants in countries affected is essential to support the business operation and facilitate local requirements.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Support Package
The purpose of the DDS Support Package is to use local safety support in each country in order to provide the necessary guidance, instruction and support to facilitate re-opening following relaxation of lockdown measures.
To support re opening and provide the following (In English);
- H&S Manual COVID19 Procedures specifically adapted for each country; this will provide one document to detail all safety operating requirements.
- Appendices to ensure any local requirements for H&S are communicated* (*these may be in local language to meet any local requirements); these are typically any mandatory local signs/posters or information that is required to be displayed.
- Risk Assessment COVID-19; Is the health & safety risk assessment for COVID-19 controls, this will have been prepared so that it covers local requirements by the consultant but will need to be reviewed locally by your Managers to ensure it is site specific (as our consultants will not be able to visit prior to re-opening).
- Re-opening eLearning/s module which covers the key elements of reopening for management and staff.
Optional Site Visits/Audits
Due to various lockdown measures, travel restrictions etc that may be in place this support package has been created to facilitate reopening with local consultant support (in country) and via DDS in the UK remotely.
As the situation develops in each country and set COVID-19 standards become the “norm” then DDS will be able to support site specific visits to assess/review/audit COVID-19 measures. This is not included within the initial support package, but will be available post opening – subject to local operating requirements.
Comments are closed.