Basic Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes Online Training
Current legislation, The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, applies to all workplaces regardless of the number of employees and requires employers to provide adequate training in fire awareness for all members of their staff.
Our online fire safety training courses are aimed at all employees to assist them in identifying and reducing the risk that fire presents in the workplace.
This course covers the same content as the Basic Fire Safety course with additional content tailored specifically for employees that work in care homes.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define the common causes of fire and understand how to reduce their risks
- Understand the chemistry of fire and its ability to spread through four specified methods
- Recognise the dangers of smoke
- Identify the fire safety features in buildings and understand their role in fire prevention, management, and evacuation
- Understand the risks to consider if you discover a fire
- Recognise the different types of Fire Extinguishers and when to use them
|Course||Module Number||Module Name||Pass % Required|
|Basic Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes||1||Chemistry of Fire||70|
|Basic Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes||2||Common Causes of Fire||70|
|Basic Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes||3||Basic Safety Features in Buildings||70|
|Basic Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes||4||Introduction to Fire Extinguishers||70|
|Basic Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes||5||What to do in Cases of Fire?||70|
|Basic Fire Safety Awareness for Care Homes||6||Final Assessment||70|
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
CPD, IIRSM, Gatehouse Awards & IOSH Approved
Duration: 60 minutes
Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions
Comments are closed.